Do you have your coffee this morning? I DO! As I have mentioned earlier, I am a coffee enthusiast. Whether it is buying new coffee cups, trying new cozy coffee shops, sipping on coffee any time of any day, I thoroughly enjoy coffee. Coffee has become a new icon because new coffee shops are everywhere, every printed tee-shirt has a coffee cup on it and if you are not snapping a pic of your latte art, something is extremely wrong. I am always the girl buying the fancy coffee drink, meaning I will never drink mine black…ever. No matter what health experts say, my cozy cup of coffee makes me happy. Today, I want to share that happiness with you by telling you what are my go-to drinks to get that don’t overload on sugar and the proven health benefits coffee can have on your body! Go make your coffee, grab a fuzzy blanket and lets get started!
Proven Health Benefits of Coffee:
Too much of anything is bad for you, whether that be nutritious foods or sweets. Coffee contains the good and the bad but no matter how many health specialists say coffee is bad, it makes me happy so I will continue to have my cup of coffee until I am old and grey. Like I said before, I will never drink mine black. It is true that if you are living off of coffee, I would recommend cutting back because too much caffeine can dehydrate you. I personally know someone who had too much coffee and no water within a day so she passed out. Wonder why you get headaches without coffee?? I do not want that to happen to you so try what I do and stick to one or two cups a day. I never drink more than two, unless I want to sip on some after dinner. In that case, I make myself a decaf cup. Coffee can be good for digestion after large meals and has many proven health benefits in addition to aiding digestion. Below are the top five facts that stood out to me from the amazing resource, 13 Proven Health Benefits of Coffee!
- Coffee increases your energy level and increases brain function
- Coffee contains the stimulant, caffeine. That caffeine is absorbed into your blood stream, then travels into the brain, where the neurotransmitters increase, leading to the firing of neurons and energy!
- Coffee improves your brain’s memory, mood, vigilance, reaction times, and energy function.
- Coffee helps burn fat
- Caffeine boosts your metabolic rate 3-11%
- Caffeine improves physical performance
- The caffeine increases your adrenalin levels and releases fatty acids from fat tissues
- Coffee contains certain nutrients, including Vitamin B2, B5, Potassium, and Magnesium!
- Lastly, and my personal favorite, Coffee can fight depression and MAKE YOU HAPPIER!
| Eat, Drink and Be Cozy |
Here are my go-to orders from my favorite cozy shops! I can’t wait to try new one’s around Nashville, Bowling Green and all my upcoming places I plan on traveling to! Next week I’m going to Charleston and hopefully will find some historic and authentic places down town! Stay tuned 🙂
Cozy at Home
- When at home I will go buy the Starbucks Dark Roast Coffee- I like my coffee very strong!
- Creamer I use:
- Silk Almond Milk Creamer- Vanilla or hazelnut flavor
- SO Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer- French Vanilla
- For sweeteners, I will use the no-calorie Truvia, Agave Nectar or Honey!
- Starbucks is my life saver and love because no matter what time of day, I know they will be open. I love it so much I even dressed up as a Starbucks coffee cup for Halloween two years ago…anyway here are my go-to orders:
- Grande Skinny Vanilla Soy Latte
- If they are out of soy, get coconut milk!
- Green Tea Latte with Coconut Milk
- If I don’t want anything sweet I will get a Grande Soy Latte or Cappuccino
- If I go for a dessert, I will get a Tall Soy Caramel Macchiato
- Grande Skinny Vanilla Soy Latte
Local Coffee Shops
When going to local shops, I always order a Vanilla Latte with Almond Milk.
My favorite local shop in Bowling Green: Spencers or Novo Dolce (they have the best secret coffee bar that no one knows about!
Nashville Love: Frothy Monkey, the Well, and Fido are my favorites, BUT I am in the process of trying many new places! Have any ideas?
I leave you today with the wise words of Nanea Hoffman-
| “Don’t ever let anyone tell you that fairytales aren’t real. I drink a potion made from magic beans every day, and it brings me back to life.” |
Gunnars, Kris. “13 Proven Health Benefits of Coffee.” Authority Nutrition. N.p.,
Apr. 2016. Web. 8 May 2016. <https://authoritynutrition.com/