My mom and I were having a girls night over salmon caesar salads and wine and decided to make homemade, granola bars! We both are trying a new workout class early in the morning before work, so we wanted a quick, healthy and affordable way to do that.
From the website, I Heart Naptime, I found this recipe and LOVE it. My mom and I made a few changes like buying the dairy and nut free chocolate chips (linked below), which I believe taste better than regular, and adding some flaxseed.
Follow these steps, share, and savor every bite!
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips- I buy the dairy, nut and soy free dark chocolate chips made by Enjoy Life.
- 1/4 cup organic honey made by Simple Truth
- 1 ts flax seed
Step 2: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together until smooth
- Get a pan 8×8 and fill with parchment paper
- Flatten mix until smooth
- Place in freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Take out, cut in slices, place in refrigerator and ENJOY!