| “One day, you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” | – Paulo Coelho
Happy Monday! A new week means new lists and today I decided to share with you my ultimate list. Can you tell I love lists? It’s an obsession but out of all my grocery lists and to-do lists, my absolute favorite is my bucket list. Every summer I used to make a bucket list with one of my best friends and this summer I don’t get the chance to do that, so I have decided to make my own.
What do you think about when you think of summer?
I think of long, warm days full of loud music, endless amounts of pool trips with my sister, eating bowls of fruit, taking long walks, stopping at every popsicle stand, movie nights, never wearing makeup, and trying new things. I am all about the new in my life and I believe that everyone should have goals and aspirations in life. There is always something to look forward to because our earth is a beautiful place and it is our job to make memories with the resources that our lovely world provides us. My 2016 summer bucket list is as follows:
- Try a new dessert place in Nashville once a week
- The donuts from Five Daughters Bakery on 12 South are first on my list!
- Next comes the Cookie Dough Cafe 🙂
- Visit the zoo
- Paint pottery
- My roommate has inspired me to go, even by myself, and start painting and making a new creation!
- Discover new murals across Nashville-
- This flower mural is on 12 South and if you haven’t been I highly recommend it because it is beautiful!
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Try a new coffee shop
- Eat an entire slice of pizza and NOT feel bad about it- I already have one of my best friends holding me to this one!
- Go white water rafting
- Last summer I chose to do paddle boarding but this summer I’m going all out. I tried this when I was little but reliving certain moments in life never hurts.
- Try a boxing class
- Take a random road trip
- Go up and start a conversation with a random person
- Everyone has a cool story and you never know who you are going to meet and what you are going to learn.
- Read a new book- CHECK! I actually have started this one and purchased The Body Book by Cameron Diaz. I LOVE it. Stay tuned because I have so many lessons I’ve already learned from page one and can’t wait to share!
What do you plan on doing this summer? Are you going to wake up and count every second that you are bored or too tired? No. You need to LIVE this summer. Absorb every ray of sunshine, every conversation and every experience that comes your way.
If you already have your summer list made, think bigger!! I have a life long bucket list and I do not care if I am 80 years old and am still checking things off. I am actually trying to work a lot this summer to save up for #1 on my list…to study abroad. There is a program I am striving for and there will be days I want to give up but if there is anything I want you to know from reading with me is that giving up is one of the worst thing you can do. Success takes patience but I promise you, we were built to do amazing things.
With that being said, here is my life long bucket list that doesn’t start when I graduate or tomorrow…it starts today. Are you ready for yours?
- Study Abroad
- Swim with a dolphin
- See the Christmas tree in NYC
- Visit a ski lodge in Colorado
- Go on a safari
- Drink a cup of coffee from the Starbucks in Seattle
- Hike to the Hollywood sign
- During Autumn, climb Chimney Rock in North Carolina and rent a cabin in Gatlinburg
- Ride horses on the beach
I’m sure my list will grow as I grow older but I’m ready to turn my dreams into reality. Let’s taste the world, shall we?!